After the success of the first edition in 2016, EPFL Alumni invites you again to participate in the famous Lausanne 20k race (“Les 20km de Lausanne”) as part of the EPFL team. EPFL Alumni, employees and students are welcomed to register for the 10K or 20K events within the same team and to run with a special T-Shirt featuring the EPFL colors. This year, our partnership with AGEPoly gives the opportunity to students running with the EPFL team to collect points for their section as part of the Polysport championship.
The 10K and 20K events will take place on Sunday April 23, in the morning. All the details regarding the race course and time are available on the website of the race (French only).
The event organizers kindly gave the EPFL team a special deal: each EPFL runner can benefit from a CHF 4.- discount on the registration price.
Who is eligible and how to sign up as an EPFL runner ?
Registration terms: To join the EPFL team and benefit from the discount, you have to fulfill one of the following conditions:
- To be an EPFL alumnus, i.e to hold a Diploma, Bachelor, Master or PhD, MoT or IML degree from EPFL
- To be employed by EPFL (including staff and current doctoral students, postdoctoral fellows and researchers)
- To be currently enrolled as an EPFL student (BA or MA). Please note that the students taking part in the Polysport competition are also asked to register through the link below
If you fulfill one of the conditions above and you accept to wear the special EPFL T-Shirt, you can register with the link below. The registrations are processed by datasport and require to create a datasport account or to use an existing account. We ask you to carefully read the explanations and to follow each of the steps described in the guidelines document.
– Registration deadline for the EPFL team has now passed –
The personal information regarding your EPFL affiliation (described on top of page 2 in the registration guidelines) will be carefully checked by our services. Runners whose personal information does not match the one of EPFL’s database will be excluded.
The day of the events:
Given the significant number of EPFL runners, we came up with a different logistics this year. Please read carefully
- Race bibs withdrawal: Unlike last year, the bibs of EPFL runners will NOT be regrouped and will not be distributed at the EPFL tent. The bibs can be collected at the 20km official bib withdrawal tent in the Village de Départ, from Friday April 21st, 5.00pm. Each EPFL runner is responsible for picking up her/his own bib before the race starts. More info on bib withdrawal.
- Bag deposit service: Unlike last year, EPFL Alumni will not provide any bag deposit service. We invite the EPFL runners to use the changing rooms and bag deposits provided by the 20km de Lausanne. You will find all the pre-race info on the official website of the race (in French).
- EPFL T-shirt: Each EPFL runner is strongly encouraged to run with a T-shirt featuring EPFL colors. The T-shirts will be given at the EPFL tent the morning of the race, on Sunday, April 23 from 8.00am. All sizes (women and men) will be available. The EPFL t-shirt will be the exact same as the one of 2016. To avoid any waste, we kindly ask the runners who are still in possession of their 2016 T-shirt to re-use it this year. The exact location of the EPFL tent will be sent to the participants as we get closer to the event.
- After-race apéro: EPFL Alumni and the Polysport program of AGEPoly are delighted to invite you to an after-race apéro at the EPFL tent from 11.30am in order to celebrate your race performance. The apero will go on after the end of the 10k race scheduled to start at 12.15pm.
- The EPFL team is only active on the 10K and 20K races on Sunday April 23 and doesn’t take part in the other events on Saturday April 22rd. The members of the team run and are ranked individually within their own category (gender, distance, pace group). This is NOT a group run (with all the participants running together at the same pace).
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide the same discount nor a T-Shirt to the partner and family relatives (included children) of EPFL runners.
For any further question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org